Dear Ossining Teacher:
The following survey is part of the district's effort to assess how computer and information technology is currently
used to support teaching and learning across the district. We realize
that there are many different points of view and opinions related to
how the district should implement its technology plan, and this survey
is one way in which we will be gathering information on those varied
opinions and experiences. In addition to this survey, we will also be
visiting each school, observing teachers and students, and conducting
We will analyze this survey's data in aggregate to determine an overall
picture of curriculum and instruction as related to technology use in Ossining. We will
the responses from individual respondents, and therefore all of your responses
will be anonymous.
each of the questions below that ask for an open-ended response, please
feel free to type in as much text as you would like. The box will
automatically scroll and your text will automatically wrap in the box.
Thank you in advance for your time!
Please select the role group that most closely matches your current position:
Select a Role/Position
Instructional Technology Specialist
Special Education Teacher
Library Media Specialist
Specialist (Art, Music, PE, etc.)
Math or Literacy Coach
Other (describe in "Additional Comments" at end)
If you are a classroom teacher, please answer the following questions based
on what happens in your classroom. If you are a specialist with building-level
responsibilities (e.g., art, guidance, social worker, )
please respond based on your opinion for your building or setting.
What grade level or subject do you teach?
Select a Grade Level or Subject
Middle School ELA
Middle School Math
Middle School Science
Middle School History/Social Studies
Middle School Foreign Language
Middle School Music/Art
Middle School Special Education (multiple academic subjects)
High School ELA
High School Math
High School Science
High School History/Social Studies
High School Foreign Language
High School Music/Art
High School Special Education (multiple academic subjects)
Other - e.g., multiple schools or different subjects than above (specify in comments below)
As a way of getting started, please respond to the following questions that will help the evaluators develop an understanding of your approach to student learning and classroom instruction.
1. To me, preparing students for the 21st Century means that...
(complete the sentence/idea below):
2. Students in my classroom participate in project based learning activities that address core curriculum objectives:
Please describe a project your students have worked on:
3. Students in my classroom work in collaborative groups to complete assignments:
Please describe an activity of this type:
4. Actvities in my classroom engage students in critical thinking and problem solving:
Please provide an example:
5. I collaborate with my peers across disciplines to coordinate curriculum and instruction
Please describe how this works (with whom, how often, issues?)
6. Using technology helps my students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills:
Please provide an example
7. Do you have access to an interactive whiteboard (Smartboard) that you can use with your students?
If you checked "Never" please skip to question 15, below.
of the following do you feel are supported by the use of an interactive
whiteboard in your classroom? Feel free to offer examples,comments, etc
in the column to the right. The box will expand as you type.
8. Student understanding
9. Student collaboration
10. Critical thinking
11. Problem solving
12. Creativity and innovation
13. Media literacy
14. Other (please note here)
15. What other technologies would you like to have available for yourself and your students? Please describe.
Please complete the following sentence and consider all technologies that a student might use (not just those you currently have access to)
16. Ideally, my students would use technology to:
17. What would you need in order to make this happen?
18. Please estimate the number of hours of technology professional development you have attended this school year:
8 or more
19. These sessions were useful because:
20. In general, your experience with technology professional development could be improved by:
Use this section to add clarification
to any question, or to add any thoughts you might have on any aspect
(positive or negative) of how instructional technology impacts your
teaching and your students' learning. Once
again, please be assured that your comments are confidential.
When you are finished with this survey, click on this button to
the survey for processing. Please click only once.
When your survey is accepted by the system, you will be taken to a confirmation
page. This may take a moment, so please be patient.
If you want to delete all of your answers and start again, click here
Survey Form Updated 2/22/10